Next time you’re wondering whether the Chamber is worth it, stop yourself consider is it worth it to not! Advocates of chambers of commerce have long believed that when a company is active in its local chamber, it is doing the right thing not only for the community but for its own success as well. While there is plenty of evidence to show the impact of chambers of commerce on their communities, it is much harder to find data that quantify the impact of belonging to a chamber. The Schapiro Group Report, however, does this very well and clearly. Reporting the following and so much more!
• Most consumers (59%) think that being active in the local chamber of commerce is an effective business strategy overall. It is 29% more effective, however, for communicating to consumers that a company uses good business practices and 26% more effective for communicating that a business is reputable.
• If a company shows that it is highly involved in its local chamber (e.g., sits on the chamber board), consumers are 12% more likely to think that its products stack up better against its competition.
• When a consumer thinks that a company’s products stack up better against the competition because the company is highly involved in its local chamber of commerce, it is because he or she infers that the company is trustworthy, involved in the community, and is an industry leader.
• When consumers know that a restaurant franchise is a member of the chamber of commerce, they are 40% more likely to eat at the franchise in the next few months.
• When consumers know that an insurance company is a member of the chamber of commerce, they are 43% more likely to consider buying insurance from it.
• When consumers know that a small business is a member of the chamber of commerce, they are 44% more likely to think favorably of it and 63% more likely to purchase goods or services from the company in the future.
The fact is that no two chamber membership are the same just like no two businesses. Each one has their own needs and reasons for chamber membership. Because of this, it would be impossible to outline all the benefits of membership, though we have outlined a few key reasons. Remember, meeting attendance is never required 95% of your dues are considered a tax-deductible business expense. Think about your “why”. Join the Chamber. Then make the most of it, meeting and greeting, participating in events, and together let’s doing everything we can to get your business venture out into the world.
PROMOTE YOUR BUSINESS.
The Atmore Area Chamber of Commerce highlights its members’ stories and accomplishments by offering publicity through multiple channels including our annual publication of the Chamber Resource Guide, ribbon cuttings, social media, online blogs, the Hey Atmore! Monthly Newsletter, member-exclusive marketing opportunities, and much more!
There are, of course, also digital benefits to membership. Chief among these is improved Internet SEO and social media management. When you join the Chamber of Commerce, your business gets linked not only from the Chamber’s page but from the pages of many participating members, who will list you for events you’re hosting or subsidizing. The result is a lot of links back to your site, which tells Google you’re important.
Research shows Chamber promotion methods are 29% more effective in communicating to consumers that a company uses good business practices and 26% more effective for communicating that a business is reputable. Additionally, research shows a company that it is highly involved in its local chamber can expect consumers to be 12% more likely to think that its products stack up better against its competition.
BUILD YOUR BUSINESS.
Take advantage of the numerous networking opportunities chamber membership includes. These opportunities, like our program of work, are ever-growing. Currently, the Chamber offers its members Business After Hours (BA5), Business & Breakfast, Atmore Young Professionals, and other committees that allow our members to build professional relationships.
INCREASE YOUR CREDIBILITY AND VISIBILITY.
Research shows businesses can increase their positive perception by up to 63% and standout in the community when they are identified as a member of the Chamber of Commerce.
CAPITALIZE ON TOURISM.
The Atmore Area Chamber of Commerce promotes the tourism industry through marketing materials, producing local events and festivals, and offering a community calendar. Additionally, we regularly speak with new movers, visitors, and new business looking to gain more information about our area.
CONNECT TO THE WORKFORCE.
Businesses have an opportunity to connect with educators and other community leaders to ensure the upcoming workforce meets the needs of the business community. The Atmore Area Chamber of Commerce also offers two high school programs and one post-high school program to help develop a skilled workforce through leadership and career exploration.
BE A PART OF THE FUTURE.
Become vested in the future of the Atmore Area Chamber of Commerce. The Chamber provides many opportunities to get involved, gain leadership experience, and make a forever lasting positive impact on the Atmore Area of today and more importantly the future
STAY CONNECTED WITH COMMUNITY.
Chamber newsletters and other publications provide members and the community at large with news about the Atmore Area including its business community, governmental affairs, upcoming events, civic organizations, and all things Atmore.
ACCESS VALUABLE RESOURCES.
Members have access to numerous business resources through the Chamber’s many regional and national affiliations. It’s the Chambers’ goal to connect our members with the resources, experts, and tools they need to succeed.
Throughout the year, the Chamber offers multiple programs for professional development including events and resources to help grow your business and support your employees.
GAIN A VOICE IN GOVERNMENT.
Chamber members are provided opportunities to connect with local elected leaders and are updated regularly on local issues that could impact the business community. The Atmore Area Chamber of Commerce actively advocates for our members to ensure their voice is heard. From solving problems and addressing issues to ensuring our members’ needs are considered when planning for the future the Chamber is always working for our members’ best interests.